Operation: Bad Luck
NPCs You’ve Met
- Tammy, female human. She’s an executive and has repeatedly refused to join the Board of Directors, stating her preference for hands-on work without that level of “brown-nosing paper-pushing bullshit.” With the personality of a drill sergeant it’s easy to see why. She’s the main conduit between the Board and the rank-and-file of MSG. At work she flip-flops between an armored coverall and a synthetic silk power suit as necessary. Though she gets less field work than she would prefer, when she’s out there she’s a terror, harassing the enemy with full-auto weapons and directing both biological and mechanical allies.
- Sammy Sam, male human. Sam by name, sam by profession. Average height and weight but fit and wiry, with a few hints of chrome here and there (though surprisingly few for a man in his position). Chiseled jaw and bright blue eyes make him a fan favourite. Usually carries a very expensive custom-forged monofilament katana. Generally amiable and even-tempered but Gods help you if you touch the sword.
- Carter, female human. Call her if you need to kill someone from a quarter mile away. Or up close and with extreme prejudice. Short-cropped blonde hair and a penchant for skintight chameleon suits, which garner quite a few stares until she turns them on. (However, less charitable souls have been heard muttering “butterface.”) Far from the usual sniper’s stereotype, she is outgoing to the point of raucousness. Loves games of skill.
- Dice, male elf. Slim build and usually dresses in the most nondescript way possible, meaning jeans, work boots, and a collared shirt, unless he’s between smuggling runs in which case it’s something bright blue and usually involving lots of gold jewelry. Ugly as a sack of potatoes either way. Rumour has it that his car has enough secret hidey-holes to squirrel away the parts to build another, slightly smaller car. Also has a bit of a gambling problem, so his vacations are infrequent.
- Maroc, male troll. Like most trolls, built like a brick shithouse on a concrete shitfoundation. Usually typecast in the enforcer or heavy-lifting jobs. Stylish troll-sized clothing is hard to come by, so he generally sticks with off-the-rack suits or jeans and Kevlar combat gear. Off work, though, he’s quite bright and friendly, and acutely aware of his great strength. When he’s not crushing skulls he enjoys contemporary orchestral music and is an adept player of the string bass.
- Graz, female orc. A new face in the crowd. Apparently a friend of Maroc’s, she has so far only been seen in combat gear, and has been quite shy. Maybe she’ll open up after a few missions. Assuming she doesn’t get opened up.
- Lokprakash, human male. An expat Indian of few words, unless you hit on one of his favourite topics. He is rarely seen without a suit, though never with a tie. In the field he’s an expert in infiltration and demolitions. He’s also a polyglot, speaking at least Hindi, English, Spanish, Japanese, and Cantonese fluently, and probably more. Unless you’ve got an hour or two to kill, don’t mention cricket.